Thursday, December 07, 2006

Can I help YOU?

“I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me.”
–Hudson Taylor, Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret

Tricia’s Thoughts:

As I read Hudson Taylor’s thoughts this morning, my mind immediately went to writing. In fact, I could easily rewrite the quote this way. “I used to ask God to help me with my writing. Then I asked if I might help Him by writing the things on His heart. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me.”

I don’t know how to explain this concept, except that I’ve come to the place in my writing where I show up at the computer, eager to see what God has in store for that day. I have no faith in what I can accomplish. The faith that resonates in my soul is faith that God sees the end of the article, the story, the novel . . . and coming to that end is only possible as He works through me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Thompson said...

Living God's daily work through me is like watching an action/adventure flick with Elohim as the executive producer, writer and director. But when I write, I presume to step into God's role as writer and director of my story world, taking my production orders from Him--at least, that's my goal.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home