Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Writing Fairy...

"You are a writer. Right now. With only what you have in your head as it is. You don't need anything else. You are a writer. You just need to keep writing. Don't let the Writing Fairy tell you that you aren't. That you need something more, that you're pretending to be something you're not. Hemmingway wasn't Hemmingway when he started. He was just a guy named Ernest who sat down at his typewriter."

Joseph Devon, "The Myth of the Writing Fairy"
http://www.Inspired2Write.com/newsi2w.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Thompson said...

Thanks, Tricia, I needed that. All my life I've never been "good enough," so the Writing Fairy found me easy prey. I'm now realizing I wasn't good enough only because I wasn't true to God's calling on my life. Writing is the "square hole" into which I naturally fit.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home