Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Storytelling...

Personal storytelling helps us go beyond these tired, easy, blind responses and see the full range of wondrous moments and meaningful themes that exist in our day-to-day lives. We revitalize our sense of the miraculous. Viewed with this kinds of sensitivity, even the most apparently featureless, unexplored life can metamorphose into a story-rich odyssey.
--Jack McGuire, The Power of Personal Story Telling, p. 18

Tricia’s Thoughts:
If someone were to ask you, “What has God done for you lately?” or “What truth is God speaking to you through your family?” A recent event will most likely pop into your head. A moment that stands out as ordinary, yet also meaningful. Or perhaps a series of events.

As storytellers, I feel we have a unique advantage when it comes to evaluating the world around us. We see God’s themes, lived out. We are sensitive to His messages, because so often they are tied-in to the ones we share on the written page.

The deeper we dig into our own day-to-day lives, the more we realize God’s stories are happening all around us—if we just take the time to acknowledge them and explore their depths.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Thompson said...

This calling is too high for me. When I see such standards lifted up, I am unable to visualize myself operating in that perceptual stratum.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

I think God created us different for different reason. I know for a fact you "see" things I miss and vice versa. It's not a curse, but a calling!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home