Friday, January 26, 2007

Better...

"If you're a singer, you lose your voice. A baseball player loses his arm. A writer gets more knowledge, and if he's good, the older he gets, the better he writes." --Mickey Spillane

Tricia’s Thoughts:
Have you ever considered how blessed we are to be in our chosen profession? Writers get to keep writing long past what many consider retirement age. God reminds me of this often. Especially on those days when I have to run to the store for milk, take two sons opposite directions for basketball games, and help my daughter with her math homework. (Okay, actually her dad helps her with her math because I’ve forgotten how to do base five. But I’m good at editing her reports!)

Since I’m in my 30s, I could possibly have up to fifty more years to write. Fifty years! There’s no use getting stressed over one day that doesn’t meet my expectations. God knows what each day, each year holds. Think about this the next time your day doesn’t go as planned.

Happy Writing!
Tricia Goyer
www.thegoyers.com

From Dust and Ashes (January 2003)
10 Minutes to Showtime! (October 2003)
Night Song (September 2004)
Life Interrupted (July 2004)
Dawn of A Thousand Nights (September 2005)
Arms of Deliverance (July 2006)
Generation NeXt Parenting (September 2006)
Valley of Betrayal (February 2007)
Generation Next Marriage (Summer 2007)
Shadow of Treason (September 2007)


Do you have a writing quote you’d like to share? Send it to amy@triciagoyer.com

I’d feel honored if you’d forward this message to your writer friends!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an excellent reminder. I'm only in my 30's, so I have plenty of time left. :)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home