Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The perfect nonfiction book...

“The perfect nonfiction book for me will embody a great new idea that will change the world and will be written by a wonderful human being who is an irresistibly charismatic speaker and a media magnet whose words are so funny, inspiring, wise and beautifully written that readers who start the book will be unable to do anything else except breathe until they get to the last word, and as soon as they do, they will be compelled to divide the rest their lives between trying to change the world and writing an even better book.”

~Michael Larsen of the Larsen-Pomada Literary Agency in San Francisco, quoted in The Writer, March 2005

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Thompson said...

I think I've read that book. It's Author indeed changed the world, but not without dying first. And yes, it's inspired me to write, and to discover the inescapable truth that I too must die for my words to live.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home