Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Beastly Work...

This was sent by my writer friend Glenda Schoonmaker:

“Writing a book is an endurance contest, and a war fought against yourself, because writing is beastly hard work which one would just as soon not do. It's also a job, and if you want to get paid, you have to work. Life is cruel that way.”
--by Tom Clancy

Tricia’s Thoughts:
The other day I met someone who asked what I did. I told her I was a writer and her response was, “Oh, that must be so nice write at home whenever you want and not have to deal with work.” I didn’t argue, I just nodded and smiled. If only writers only had it so easy!

I like how Tom Clancy puts it, “Writing is beastly hard work.” It’s not easy for me, or any other writer I know. But it’s good work, especially when I must lean on God to get through the process. I think God planned on it being that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Thompson said...

No one in their right mind would pursue a career in writing, unless they loved the craft so much that had no choice. Writers, even unpublished hobbyists such as myself, must write. An itsy-bitsy minority of us have what it takes to get published, and a small number of those ever make a living at this sweet slavery.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home